Monday, April 6, 2009

Not-a-Poop


I'd like to talk about TLC's "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant," which began as a documentary, but has, from what I gather, turned into an entire series about women who found out they were pregnant when they were giving birth.

I Didn't Know that there were so many of these cases. But the program goes to show that a diverse group of women (professionals, rockers, sluts) fall victim to
surprise babies, and it does so utilizing reenactment.

Last night, one story, reenacted:

After months of stomach distress which she chalked up to some kind of horrible gas, a woman was sitting on the toilet. Her husband, who was in the bathroom with her (!) as she pushed out what she thought was a massive BM, knew something wasn't right.

"Baby, are you all right?"

"I have to push."

Needless to say, it was not a poop.

1 comment:

  1. EWWWW! I think I'm more disturbed by the fact that her husband was in the bathroom with her. I mean seriously, uncalled for.

    ReplyDelete