Thursday, July 17, 2008

Control

People, if I asked you to, could you shit your pants? Ok, imagine it wasn't me who was asking. Imagine you just wanted to prove you could do it. That you are the boss of you and no societal rule (like "this is where and when you can do your business") is going to change that. Could you then?

When I was a child, I didn't like to pee at school. So after a long day of holding it, I would rush home. And sometimes the garage door wouldn't open, sometimes I would fumble my keys. On those days, I peed my pants. I was old enough to still remember the feeling, the warm pooling of my jeans and the resulting sting of not only my chaffed thighs, but my humiliation. I knew what I did was bad. I knew it from my early days when they made me know it.

So my question is... could you? Could you hack it?

No comments:

Post a Comment