Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The 100+ temperatures in NYC today make me think of water parks.














Complexities: I have an uncontrollable urge and intense desire to go to one. I am nostalgic, and harbor an admittedly untrue remembrance: I adored water parks and went on the biggest slides, when in fact I did love the parks, but spent most days swimming the lazy river or skidding my knees on the hellaciously sharp floor of the wave pool. Now I really want to go to one, but have acquired the tidings of age: germophobia and self consciousness about standing in line, wet and lumpy, in a bathing suit.

Still, I think I could overcome those things if someone wants to hit up the Humunga Kowabunga. Whachu Think?

2 comments:

  1. I have my pass to Blizzard Beach in my wallet. No lie. I'm ready to go. I'll meet you at JFK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may be able to overcome my fear of swimming in small childrens' pee to accompany you to the park of your choice.

    What I would do to be floating through a lazy river right now.

    ReplyDelete