Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ladies hating on Ladies


Over the past few days, I have had the unfortunate experience of hearing women tell me why they would not vote for Hillary Clinton.

#1 reason: I'm just not sure we are ready for a woman president.

In the interest of full disclosure, I've been talking to a lot of Grandmas, whose opinions may be painted by a generational prejudice against themselves. Still, there are others. The second largest women's anti-Hil group formed on the basis that Clint stands by her man, that she forgave Bill's very public sexual indiscretions. I get this mainly from women who've been scorned by shitbag husbands themselves, and I feel for them, but come on! This is not a race for your newest buddy. This is for the presidency. Can we cut the shit already?

There are plenty of legitimate reasons for women not to favor Rodham-Clinton, but her ugly hair, your prejudice, or your failed marriage shouldn't be one of them.

PS. On Meet The Press this morning, during Clinton's hour long interview, the cable went out for a solid 5 minutes. Conspiracy what?

No comments:

Post a Comment