Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fogeys

Yesterday, I had the privilege of using a bubblah (read: water fountain). It was exciting and unfamiliar to my old-folks body. You bend over to drink--how does it not go up your nose? After a couple of slurps, I fell right into it. But it got me thinking. There are so many sensations that I don't experience anymore because I'm not a kid. Some I miss, like running on the wood chips of a playground, others not so much, like sand in the crotch of your swim bottoms (it used to really cram in there to make a little sand penis).

One activity that I am not willing to give up is running in public. I mean what the shit people, if you have to get someplace fast or its cold out or you just feel happy enough, why not run? Run, you old grown ups. And when I run, don't look at me like I'm a freak. Don't roll
your eyes and say "well somebody's in a hurry" cause that is rude. Adam can attest to my fleet feet and that sometimes, right before I take off, I turn to him and say "Eat my dust."

4 comments:

  1. It's true. Sometimes I try to keep up by doing a really fast walk that looks way more awkward than just jogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homeless people whiz in those things, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, used a bubblah yesterday for the first time in eons...and I really didn't enjoy it. I could barely get any water in my mouth. It was dribbling down my chin and made me feel like an invalid (and was extremely embarrassing considering the gym I was at seems to cater to models). I do not miss bubblahs one bit. Something I do miss - orange Triaminic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They don't whiz in the one at my gym. I hope.

    ReplyDelete