Thursday, January 10, 2008

Reelin' In The Years

For some reason this always happens. I'll be driving and listening to music and something bad will come on so I'll start flipping through the channels. I'm a flipper so I don't mind doing this for a while even if i have to just keep flipping until the original bad song is over and something else comes on. Something strange and actually quite scary has been interupting me lately though. Whenever i am flipping and I flip to a station playing Steely Dan, I stop. I completely forget I'm supposed to keep flipping and my mind drifts away. Steely Dan is brainwashing me. Sometimes I do it while Maren is in the car and she says 'Adam, Steely Dan?' In fact this is probably one of the only reasons I am aware of it. When I'm alone I probably listen to the whole song without ever realizing it. If I do wake up in the middle of one of these trances, I have no recollection of how I got there. I'm waiting for the day when I go to some kind of political event and a Steely Dan song comes on and I flip my lid. I hate you Steely Dan. Stop stealing my soul.

1 comment: