Friday, February 8, 2008

Just when I thought Horse Hooves were bad...

Today I have sworn off gelatin. I know what you're thinking. You've said all this before. It's true, but in the past I had a record of overlooking things (my monster perm when I was twelve for example), or the fact that I loved Junior Mints so much the gelatin didn't matter.

Even though they said gelatin was horse hooves, I just thought the horses weren't using them. Great vegetarian right? I think I imagined that all the hooves came from previously deceased privately owned horses who lived wonderful lives, then had their shoes taken off postmortem. Also I think I confused hooves and horseshoes.


Truth is, gelatin is not made from just horse hooves these days. While there may be one or two pony feet there is plenty more in this gooey grab bag. Get a load of the pie chart.

2 comments:

  1. My world just came crashing down!
    I have never even thought of checking junior mints for gelatin.

    This is a sad, sad day. Thank you for ruining my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete