Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pepsi Raw

I've never really been a soda drinker but when Pepsi or Coke starts to sink some money into a new product launch, I'm ususally interested. I mostly just like to see what kind of design work is going into it. I read about Pepsi Raw today and I thought the actual drink is kind of interesting too. Pepsi Raw is a 'healthy' version of Pepsi. I'm guessing it's not actually that healthy but it does have more natural ingredients than the original. The ingredients include apple extract, plain caramel coloring, coffee leaf, tantaric acid from grapes, gum arabic from acacia trees, cane sugar and sparkling water. No more high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, and chemicals. And with the new recipe, comes the new look.

The design is geared toward 'urban, sophisticated’' consumers. It seems like they're trying to sex up the bottle (which I dig) a little by using the rings/waves to emphasize it's curves. The've also stripped it of a lot of graphic distraction. The ads are trying to do the same but they just seem predictable and lame. You can check one out below. It will be launched first in target locations in Europe before it expands to the US and the rest of the world. If and when it does come here, there is a good chance that it will have been redesigned for and American audience. I won't be drinking it but I will probably be looking at it.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the naked people.

    However, is this going to be like CokePlus?? Which is awful?! It just threw some added vitamins in the mix which resulted and an awful version of coke with a bad aftertaste.

    ReplyDelete