Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Optimus Prime

Ok, I've been meaning to say this for some time. I am a really big fan of Michael Bay's Transformers.

I should say outright that I didn't play with Transformers as a child because I was a girl and girls played with girl toys unless they had brothers which I didn't. The closest I ever came to playing with Transformers was when I once went to a Secret Santa gift swop for kids at my great grandmother's nursing home and was erroneously given a "boy toy." It was one of those plastic claws that you moved by pulling a handle. It was very robot-esque and I cried when I got it. I was upset and embarrassed that I didn't get a doll or something more befitting my genitalia. I had so much to learn. But back to Transformers and why my life would have been better had I played with them...

The movie is kick-ass. The Transformers move in excellent ways, and those in charge of the visual effects have my appreciation. I like the sound they make as they transform, and I like their alien-robot mobility. As far as the acting goes, I think Shia LaBouf is great and that while Megan Fox (the babe) had good acting ability, I was distracted by her body shine. Seriously, her toned body had so much grease on it, and the effect was like watching a dorky (though endearing) high school boy tussle with a pretty faced stripper or pin up. I got nothing against guys getting their rocks off, but lady needed to be blotted now and again.

Overall, big thumbs up to all the Autobots and Decepticons and I will eagerly await the sequel.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this. The Transformers themselves had hilarious personalities as well. And when they transformed, it gave me the willies, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete