Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This post is for the dogs

As someone who works in the financial district of NYC, I can tell you that I have become accustomed to seeing military personnel in full battle array (equipped with big guns and “don’t fuck with us” looks on their faces). However, as of late, I’ve seen less of these guys. I’m not sure if it just dawned on the city, but if the area is attacked, it’s probably not going to be breached by a renegade armed militia. Instead, they’ve brought in the dogs. Bomb sniffing dogs that is.

BSDs have bravely sniffed our city post-911, but in my view, never as much as now, and I couldn’t be happier. Labs and German Shepherds mostly, these puppers are happy and fit and are obviously loved by their cops/handlers (I smile when I see the usually all-business cops pet their little buddies’ bellies).

So in short, I would like to dedicate today’s blog posts to our friendly K9 protectors. May they have rich lives, never be blown up, nor want for kibble.







That is one great locker find.


For more dog lovin, check out BDLR's coverage of Nubs.

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that customs has beagles that can sniff out snakes and other exotic species in an effort to stop exotic species from become invasive?

    Also we're in the mist of a debate at work about the need for a turtle tracking/sniffing dog for field work. How awesome would that be!

    ReplyDelete